By: Patricia Johnson
Rusty Pickle Grinchmas Chipboard, or desired chipboard shapes
3-5 coordinating Christmas papers, I used Rusty Pickle's Grinchmas and Snowflakes & Mittens Collections
Rusty Pickle Grinchmas alpha stickers and stickers
Empty can with lid, I used the French's Fried Onions can
Present Embellishments, I got them at Walmart but I think paper covered chipboard squares wrapped in ribbon would be just as cute
Tools to gather:
X-acto and cutting mat
Mod Podge or other liquid glue
1. Prepare Chipboard. Cover chipboard shapes with desired papers. I did a tree, snowflake and a partial ornament for the tag. If the back of the chipboard will show such as the tag or back of the tree, be sure to cover that too.
2. Create tag. Cut the word Christmas from any sticker, and spell out the word funds with the alpha stickers. Or create your own title.
3. Decorate your chipboard with stickles as desired and set aside to dry.
4. Measure the cardboard portion of your can from top to bottom. Cut a piece of your background paper that is heigth of the can by 12". Practice wrapping your paper around to see if it will fit properly. Trim off excess or create patch as needed.
5. Cover your can. I put the patch down first then attach one side with glue. Lay down and cover the rest of your paper with adhesive. I prefer a liquid adhesive when doing this kind of job. Roll your can onto the paper, rolling out air bubbles and straightening as needed while you roll. Give it a few minutes to dry.
6. Add tag. Tie ribbon around can in knot. Add tag. Tie bow.
7. Embellish with chipboard. I did a snowflake and a tree with presents underneath. I also layered a gold stickled chipboard star on the tree. Have fun and use your creativity on this step!
8. Cut money hole. Push your lid down on the cutting mat with your hand. Using the lines on the cutting mat, create an opening for change to drop through.
9. Enjoy and be sure to save your "funds" for next year!